Web Development, Design, and SEO for the Greater Twin Cites Area
Nowadays, you likely won’t need a dedicated PHP developer to build applications for your website – pretty much anything you can think of can be done in WordPress or Drupal and their thousands of free plugins. This leads to more efficiency on many levels when developing your website(s).
WordPress offers enough functionality for at least 90% of the websites out there, and Drupal is a great option for a more powerful website (while more difficult to maintain) by having more customized user permissions than WordPress can offer, among many other features.
Mobile Web Development is More Important Than Ever Before
During the planning stage of most websites, the mobile visitors should be as much of a factor as the desktop version of your site. Thanks to DudaMobile, the development phase of a mobile site can pretty much be an afterthought – as it automates this process and provides a powerful, easy-to-use editor in their website to make any changes to the layout. Check out the DubaMobile mobile version of CreekviewDental.com.
My basic design philosophy
The aesthetics of a website are an important factor, but there are much more important aspects to design. Usability, maintenance, SEO (need to get them to the website in the first place), accessibility, cross-browser/display compatibility, and of course speed are the most important factors for a web site owner to consider. Look at all the most popular websites on the internet and I think you’ll come to the same conclusion.
Joe Hedlund | Web Developer,
Web Designer, SEO Specialist
What I’m really good at:
- Developing WordPress websites!
- Entire Adobe Web Design Suite
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Mobile/responsive design
- Pixel-perfect conversion of PSD to CSS/HTML
- HTML, CSS (been using this stuff since 2002!)
- Hand coding websites (I generally start with a WordPress Twentytwelve theme, and build a completely custom design)
- Google Analytics
Other stuff I’m pretty good at:
- Print Design (logos, signs, ads, business cards, letterheads, other stationary)
- Audio/video editing
- Developing Drupal websites
- Flash Animation
- PHP/MySQL (for basic stuff like form processing, include files, passing info through links, writing simple functions)
- Responsive Web Design
- SEM (PPC advertising)